Friday, December 10, 2010

MOPS Christmas ornament exchange

Today I hosted a Christmas ornament exchange for my MOPS group. (mothers of preschoolers) I joined the group with heavy persuasion from Kenton. Each week at church they would promote the local chapter of MOPS. It is not that I didn't want to join, but I just didn't know how much I would be able to participate/contribute considering that I work 3 days a week. I decided to give it a go and I'm so happy that I did. I randomly picked a seat at the same table as some pretty amazing women and mothers. We are all very diverse, but mesh very well together. We have children ranging in age from 6 years- 7 months and another on the way! We got together at my house today for great food, fun for the kids, adult conversation for the moms and lots of Christmas cheer!

Yes, I love parties! I just do... I love a reason to make pretty things and share with others.
Since the moms were exchanging ornaments I thought it was only fair that the kiddos would go home with an ornament too! These cute little reindeer were compliments of Griffin and Roman.
Boys will be boys! They are just made that way. They could not get enough of the Christmas train.
And girls will be girls. Sweet and dainty little ones...
We did not have a shortage of boys today!
Cupcake time! Looks like fun right? Too bad I don't have an "after" picture of me with the dirt devil cleaning the aftermath. My options were to clean it right away or buy a new rug. Yeah, they made it rain!


Roman..... in arms ALL DAY! I have a situation on my hands with this one. He is just so cute, squishy and cuddly!
Emma~ Miss Thang! I heart the flower in her hair. The bigger the better!
Paul is about to destroy cute Mr. Reindeer.
We were able to spend a fun day with our precious children.
And say goodbye to Janell~ our faithful table leader. Good bye Friend~ until we meet again! Best of luck with your new life!!
I love this photograph. It sums it all up for me!
Just a few dudes and a bounce house.

This looks like a little guy convention. They all played well together!
And for the grand finale a group shot. How hard can this be? Okay.... let's set up the shot. Thanks to Nate the most fabulous FOUR YEAR old photographer. Here we go...
Okay, almost..... Let's give it another try.
Wait.... is this thing on????
Guys wait for me!!!
Merry Christmas to all!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I teared up while reading. This is such a special group of women! I am SO glad God put all of you in my life and I can't wait to create more chapters on my story with your guys! Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete