Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dudes Day Out~ NO Girls Allowed!

Earlier in the week, I told Andrea that I was taking the boys on a field trip this Saturday. As she is always the curious type and doesn't always like to wait for surprises, I got her to agree to waiting until I got home to find out details about the field trip. So, since I made her wait to find out about the boys morning out, she got me to agree to write a guest blog for Wiggles and Giggles. I must admit, this is a little weird as I haven't been a special guest blogger before, but i thought it couldn't be to difficult. Andrea asked me last night if I was thinking about what I was going to write, and I told her not to worry I am a "Scholar". She did point out she takes a lot of pride and put a lot of thought into her blogs and not to let her down. As I swallowed hard, I started sweating a little bit at the pressure that I now felt about being a special guest blogger!!


As it is the holidays, I decided a boys morning out to let their momma sleep would be much appreciated. Big Pop, Daddy, Griffin, and Roman bundled up on a overcast, drizzly morning for the trek to Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter for some yummy beignets and coffee. As we were passing the Superdome, Griffin let out one his famous WOW's! Those WOW's are so funny to hear and provide endless laughs for his momma and me. I do feel Griffin is on the verge of asking "are we there yet" as he was a little vocal during the drive.


We were lucky enough to secure a spot on the street within the same block of Cafe Du Monde which was very nice. It sure wasn't long before everyone was devouring some beignets with that yummy powdered sugar on top.

After finishing, we packed up for our next stop on the morning's field trip. We headed down Esplanade Avenue to City Park to have fun playing in the snow. The snow is an annual event that is held so that us Southerners can try and understand what all the fuss is about with those Yankee people in the North. As we parked and headed down the sidewalk, Griffin saw the big inflatables and quickly knew what was in store. He stood and screamed to go "That Way" through the grass to get there quicker. Daddy agreed and we both began "sprinting" through the grass. Griffin definitely loves a party and was running around from one area to the next checking things out. Griffin still isn't to sure about the snow, but I did convince him to check it out for a few minutes. He sure did like the inflatables and had a great time playing with the other kids. As the weather wasn't that great, we decided to leave and make the trek back to the 'burbs! This is something that may become an annual dudes only field trip for the holidays!!




Big Pop enjoying Beignets with Griffin and Roman
Daddy, Griffin, and Roman at Cafe Du Monde
Griffin was enjoying his Beignets just like his daddy!
Four dudes on a Saturday morning.
BUSTED~ Roman got caught enjoying a little sugary goodness too...
Griffin checking out a bird under the table
This way daddy!! (As opposed to that way of course)
Griffin isn't sure about the snow. Isn't daddy from Pennsylvania???
Griffin checking out this white stuff...
Maybe he likes it after all!
Griffin made a bee line for the inflatables
Big Pop checking out the action.
It was time to leave, but G was trying to two step his way back to the action. (Notice he wasn't leaving his popcorn behind)
A good time was had by all this morning! Looking forward to another dudes day out soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment