Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Through the eyes of a child~ Christmas Eve

I have anticipating and planned for Christmas for over a month. I was so excited to share Christmas with my boys this year~ I just knew that Griffin would have a ball! Well even the BEST planning doesn't prepare you for a case of the "yucks!" As luck would have it Griffin woke up on Christmas morning SICK! I called his pediatrician for a quick visit, but they were closed. Ummm, okay we will just have to power through tough guy! We hoped that a good nap would make it all better. Yeah, not so much. When he woke up his eyes were swollen shut. Ordinarily I would have kept him home, but not on Christmas Eve. We still went to Church, but I sat out in the hall with him. Aside from the stank eye there was no indication that the child was sick. He was running around the lobby as if he were 100%! How do I know this? That would be because I was the one CHASING him around!!

We then headed down the bayou to celebrate the evening with Big Poppas side of the family. What can I say? This side of the family likes to do it big and this year they did not disappoint! Lots of food, lots of people, lots of kids, and a whole LOT of PRESENTS!! Thanks Aunt Bev for opening up your home to all of us once again. You are a treasure to us all...

Griffin opening up his gift from Nona Courtney. Awesome job again Nona. The train was a HUGE hit!
Thanks to Nanny Lissie for Toy Story 3~ Griff LOVES it! Yes, he has watched it as many times as possible from Christmas Eve through today! Here is Griffin watching it movie style with cousin Beau.
I don't know what was up tonight? I didn't take nearly as many pictures as usual and the quality is not up to par. Our Nikon (my precious) needs to be taken in for a check up. Here I am with Roman and MiMi Kat.
Thanks to Aunt Bev for setting up a game of Dirty Santa for the ladies. We had a ball!
Here I am eyeing the gift that I was about to steal from my GRANDMOTHER! Ruthless, yes I know.... Her response to me was, "you sure have your nerve!" Ma Roe did not skip a beat as she quickly turned around and stole something from someone else. Needless to say we all got quite a chuckle out of that!
Still in search for the perfect shot of me and my boys. Alas.... I will continue to try. ;)
Ro-ski modeling his precious hat from Nana A. Sha Ba-bae...
Enjoying my baby on his very first Christmas!
We had a great time celebrating with family. We are blessed to have all of you in our lives. Thanks for making this evening so special for all of us, especially my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment