Thursday, February 10, 2011

She's back.....

Hello "Self" welcome back...

I can honestly say that for the first time since being pregnant for Roman that I am beginning to feel like myself again.  Geesh.... gestating and rearing children sure has a way of taking "you" out of "you."  It was truly a struggle between the lack of sleep, round the clock nursing, nurturing a baby, raising a toddler, being wife to a husband AND a part time career.  Lately I feel better.  I am able to focus more on my mental, spiritual, and physical self.

My husband and little nuggets will always hold center stage, but over the past few months I have been feeling a tug to expand myself outside of the four walls of our home.  I know that sharing my talents and passions with others will help to balance me more as a wife and mother.  Isn't it crazy how that works...

Here is my current list of favorite things to do:


  • Listen to Pandora radio while creating things in my kitchen.  (blogging, baking, crafting)  I turned on music and turned off the television set in November. I was tired of the constant "noise."    
  • I signed up for a photography class.  This is something that I have wanted to do for quite some time.
  • Go to dinner once a month with some of my college girlfriends
  • MOPS
  • I was recently asked to sit on an associate board for a missionary organization.  I am still wondering... me?  This one is  defiantly shaking me out of my comfort zone.  Last night we met for the first time.  I was fortunate enough to share a meal with a group of selfless individuals who serve a purpose much greater than ourselves.
Fun Valentine kitchen project.
Love bugs and
What can I say, but life is good...

hearts...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment