Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Church talk

This morning G took procrastination to a new level.  He was not happy about going to school.  He tells me, "I wanna turch." (I want to go to church)  I quickly responded with, "Great!  Now go to school and tell your friends all about Jesus.... bye!"
  • When we leave the neighborhood he automatically associates a left turn means that we are going to church and a turn to the right means school.  I can assure you that we travel to many more places than just church and school on any given week, but this makes me very happy.  At this point in G's life those are his 2 "stand-out" places.  I am tickled that he currently has God and education on top of mind.  Actually, I do not know if it is actually church or the wicked cool playground that waits for him after every service?  Either way I am happy that he is asking to go! 
  • Update~ When I picked up G this afternoon I said, "Okay now do you want to go to church?" His response.... "Nope." A mother can dream... ;)
G is very serious about saying Grace at meal times.  We sit down and he holds out his hands and bows his head.  The other day I was very disrespectful and he called me out.  During Grace I fed Roman a bite of food.  G immediately chimed in, "No, no, no, Mommy!"  I have to agree, my bad...
  • It is a joy to watch G close out a prayer.  He really likes for Grace to be short and sweet.  Anything over 5-8 seconds he cuts you off with "AMEN!!"  His Amens are very "hallelujah-like."  Not sure where he gets this from, but we adore it and will be sad when he stops.
G's favorite CD to listen to in his room is "Amen."  He found a christian CD in Big Poppas truck and brought it inside.  Somehow the CD made it to his bedroom.  Sometimes if I have on fun children's music he will ask me, "Mommy... Amen?"   He even plays it for his friends when they come over and they seem to like it too!

G has tons of books.  Probably enough to be considered a library.  The one book that he is very particular about is his children's Bible.  He walks around with it and calls it "Pippen's Bible." (Griffin's Bible)  More than likely you will not be able to touch his Bible much less read from it.  However I am able to read Bible stories from other books.

Amen!

Griff in his Sunday finest on his way to church.  Sunday's finest is often a pair of shorts.  We go to a come as you are type of church just as long as you come.  Just the way that we like it...

1 comment:

  1. so sweet and pure...we can only hope remnants of the foundation we are laying remain as they come into their own. love it....

    ReplyDelete