Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Roman's 1st day of Preschool

Yesterday was Roman's 1st day of Preschool with Miss Deb.  He was able to stay home with me all summer while I am out on my maternity leave.  We have been talking to him about starting school and he was really excited.  He is familiar with Miss Deb and loved to go and play when we picked up Griff in the afternoons.

For the next 2 weeks Griff will stay home with me to enjoy his last days before starting PreK 4.  Our days will be filled with fun stuff as he is due some undivided Momma time.

Yesterday when I picked up Roman Miss Deb said that he was "excellent" and was just taking it all in.  She said that he didn't talk much and he observed what everyone was doing.  She said the only time that she heard from him was when he was singing himself to sleep during nap time.  Melt. My. Heart. He later told me that he had fun and that "Kylie is a cool dude."  I'm thinking he may be a little smitten by her...

It didn't take him long to figure out what was up.  This morning I got him out of his bed and I was cuddling with him and Griff in Griff's bed when Roman told me, "Mommy I not go to Deb today.  Grippin go."  He sure is one smart cookie!  His Daddy dropped him off and said he wasn't thrilled to stay. He had to un-peel him from his neck.  Miss Deb swooped him up and Roman gave him the lip.

Even though I have dropped him off with a sitter before it sure did pull at my heart strings yesterday.  Lots of changes in his little world and I pray that the transition is a fairly easy one for him.  


Such a big boy.
He jumped out the car and was ready to go!
Racing ahead with his lunch bag. 
Once he saw the door he stopped in his tracks.
What you talkin' about Willis!?!
Once inside he was surrounded by
 hugs from his classmates.
I snapped this as I was racing out the door!

If I had these feelings dropping off Roman at a familiar place how will I feel when I drop off Griff in 2 weeks at big school.  I'm sure that will be a rough morning for this Momma...

No comments:

Post a Comment