Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cohen Jacob 2 months

I will be totally honest.  Last month was a rough one.  I noticed you to be a little "fussy" the day that I wrote your 1 month update.  It was only one day so I didn't think much of it.  Well that one day was the beginning of a rough patch.  We had some really good days and also some really bad ones too.  You just didn't seem content. I pretty much held you your every waking moment.  Luckily MiMi was with us so I had an extra set of hands to help out with Griff and Roman.

About a week ago Daddy was holding you in the middle of an all out scream fest when he said "something just isn't right here."  At that point I immediately called the pharmacy to have your Zantac prescription filled.  Now you see, I had this script in my possession from your 1 week visit to see Dr. C.  I tried to have it filled but our insurance was being difficult so I just let it go.  I also really didn't want to needlessly give you medication.  I was on the verge of doing an elimination diet to see if dairy or other foods that I consume was upsetting your stomach until I gave you one dose of Zantac and...

        
Woke up to your  beautiful smiling face.  OH MY GOOENESS!  You were smiling and actually giggling.  You were finally happy and this moment brought me such joy!  It hurt to know that you had truly been in pain, but I was so happy that you had finally received some relief.

Since then we have still had some good and bad days, but I will say that the good defiantly outweighs the bad.  The bad is now moments rather than days.

You are growing so quickly!  Folks don't believe me when I tell them that you are only 8 weeks old.  You are quite tall and very strong.  You are pretty stingy with the smiles, but I melt every time you flash me your gummy grill.  You are typically happier in the morning so I take full advantage of your smiles, coos, and giggles.  Your dimple is more than adorable and your blue eyes are sure to be lady killers.

I love you more than you will ever know.  You bring joy to all of us.  Your brothers are still quite smitten.  Griff is very gentle with you.  Roman on the other hand...  I keep a constant eye on the two of you.  The other day I had you on the floor and he did some sort of "wrestling move" and rolled you on top of him saying, "I hold you baby!" Roman started calling you Buddy and I have a feeling it will stick.

Stat update:
6/13/12 birth weight- 9.2
6/16/12 left hospital- 8.7
6/20/12 1st dr appt- 9.0
7/12/12 1 month (home scale) 12.2

8/11/12 2 months (home scale) 14.8 

I'm not exactly sure how you have gained 2 pounds with the reflux and all of the spitting up?!?  Must be that heavy cream that you are drinking!

You eat about every 2 hours as if you had an alarm clock set.  You are already in a size 2 diaper.  I can't complain about your sleeping patterns.  I put you down for the night with your last feeding about 10pm.  You wake up anywhere between 3:30-6:30.  This morning you slept until 7:30.  Thank you for that.  I had the best night of sleep that I can remember for months.  Oh the little things in life!

Keep growing big and strong.  Continue to flash me your gummy smile and the world is yours.  I am so in love with you and I am proud to be your Momma.

All my love,
Mommy





Check out the length on this baby!
(size comparison shot to giraffe)




I love those tiny toes...





Found it!

Hilarious!
Welcome to our "real world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment