Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cohen's Nursery Re-do- Before...

Before New Baby was born I decided that it was time to redecorate the nursery.  Boy or girl.  Everything has been basically the same since Griffin resided in this very spot 4 years ago.  When Griffin moved out and Roman moved in I just changed out the bedding.  I have never gone all out and purchased dream bedding.  Both Griffin and Roman had thrift store finds that worked quite well for us.  We have also used borrowed cribs and a changing table purchased at an auction.

When you have 3 children of the same sex by the time you get to number 3 he (as our case may be) doesn't need much of anything.  Cohen has all of the clothes and toys that he "needs."  Rather than just buy him more stuff I decided to have fun redecorating his nursery.  

The week that I decided to do this I was kicked off of Pinterest because of a hacked account.  Boo.  I went "old school" and googled up ideas the way that I used to research my dream projects.  As luck would have it MiMi is spending time at our house and was able and willing to sew new bedding for me.  That is how the dream was born!    

Before: bed given to us by a friend who was moving.
Bedding mixed and matched from thrift store finds.
Rug: Target about 2 years ago
Mobile: gift when Griff was born
Fleur de lis: wedding gift from a friend
Animal art: made by me about 4 years ago
Rocking toy: MOPs toy exchange


George Rodrigue Blue Dog- signed artist proof
After Katrina I was standing on my front porch uptown when I noticed
my neighbor walking to the garbage pile with this print in hand.
I asked her if she was throwing it away.
She said yes because it had a water mark.
I then asked if she would mind if I took it.
She gladly said yes.
Crazy story huh?!?
I have had it from the nursery from the beginning and each boy
has loved to count the dogs while getting a diaper change. 
Pictures above the bed.
This was one of my first Momma projects.
I looked around for some artwork for the nursery when I was decorating for Griffin.
I was surprised to:
(a) not find what I was looking for and
(b) the cost of things
I then decided to do it myself.
I gave it a go and was happy with the results.
I painted canvas and embellished with paper, felt, and buttons.
I thought it gave the room a cheery feel!
Next up: Cohen's new nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment