Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cohen's Nursery Re-do- After...

Eek! I love the way Cohen's nursery turned out.  As I started to look around for bedding everything just seemed to look the same.  I had an idea in my head of what I wanted and couldn't find it.  I then thought this shouldn't be too hard to throw together right?  Sticking with my motto hang out with talented people (MiMi) I got busy daydreaming in my head.  The project took about a week to come together.  After the idea was born I ordered fabric online and hit up the local craft stores for supplies.  MiMi sewed up the bedding, changing table cover, and curtain with lots of love.  I painted the crib, painted the artwork, and made the banner.

Well.... here it is!  


I just love bold colors and fun patterns!

This is where I received inspiration for the color palette:
http://oneporkchop.blogspot.com/2012/03/week-36-and-addendum.html



I am happy that I was able to still incorporate some components of the old nursery.
(the rug and Blue Dog artwork)


Closer look at the bedding.
Bumper pad in orange chevron print,
sheet from target,
mod dot crib skirt in aqua.

I sanded down the white crib with intentions to distress is.
I followed an online tutorial, but chickened out.
I just couldn't mess up all of my hard work. 
I thought that I was a reformed perfectionist.
Apparently not...


You are my sunshine painting done by me.
I am really happy with the way that this came out.
I also had have intentions to distress this piece.
Not sure if I will or not?
I followed this tutorial:
and made just a few changes.  


We didn't find out the sex of all 3 boys.  People always said you need to find out to plan and get everything ready.  Cohen is now 6 weeks old and pretty set in his cool crib!  See it can be done folks!  

I love the way that Cohen's nursery turned out.  I am too indecisive to make the major commitment to change wall colors.  This was a fun way to give the space a total face lift without having to change the color on the walls.  I actually like the aqua and orange against the original color palette.  I still have a few things to do to accent the room.  I am looking for an old dresser to paint the same color as the crib and use as a changing table.  I also need to change out pictures in frames and funky up an old lamp.  Thanks to MiMi for all of her hard work.  I am so happy with the results and I hope that Cohen will find his inner "happy" in his new space!

No comments:

Post a Comment