Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tumble Bus was a bust...

I was really excited.
I enrolled G in a tumbling class
through the parish community education program.

I was really excited for him to try it out.
He loves to dance, flip, and bounce around.
G and the Tumble Bus should go together like
Green Eggs and Ham.
Right?

We were a few minutes early so I drove by the location
and pointed out the bus.
Automatically he says,
"No Bus."

It never dawned on me that he may not like this?

I unloaded the troops and thought he would warm up to the idea 
once he saw the other kids.

He really enjoyed playing around the school yard.
Actually, he was a fan of everything,
but the bus...
I got him to go on the bus,
but it was a rather painful experience for all parties involved.
He wanted me to join him and the 11 other 3-4 year olds.
(Mind you I was also holding Roman while all of the commotion was happening.)
I had to make an executive parenting decision.
He did not have to stay on the bus, 
but if he got off the bus
we had to go home and he was not allowed to play on the school yard.
As soon as I had the boys buckled in
he started to cry 
to go BACK on the bus...

Yes!  
That works for me.
I now have a glimmer of hope that he will try out the bus next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment