Monday, March 21, 2011

Art Critic

Today I picked up another painting by Hank Holland.  In a previous post I wrote a little about Hank and my love of his art.  Today I had the pleasure of spending a little time with his wife Maria.  I was humbled by her presence.  Maria, much like Hank, is such a joy and inspiration.  We plan to have lunch together soon.

I was over the top excited about my new tree house appropriately titled "Bunch of Nuts" and could not wait to see it on the wall.  I don't have a permanent home for this beauty yet, but it is hanging out in the keeping room until we decide.

As soon as Griffin walked in the door he was drawn to the painting.  He squealed in delight and said, "Wow... Mommy dats bootiful."  That comment blew me away for a couple of reasons.

  1. I did not know that he had the word "beautiful" in his vocabulary.
  2. I have never heard the word beautiful applied so perfectly and in context.  Indeed, it is beautiful!
Thanks to Hank for helping to make our home so bright and cheery one wall at a time...


 How adorable is this?!?
Griff~ the little art critic
 Deep thoughts while admiring the composition
of "Bunch of Nuts."
Without even being told about the tree house and outhouse symbolism
he went in to touch.  This art is so powerful and fueled 
by heart, love, and emotion.
Hank.... you have the smile "Seal of Approval"
Griff~ the 3 year old art critic


I will be hosting a showing of Hank's work at our home in a couple of weeks.  If anyone is interested in joining us just let me know.  

2 comments:

  1. isn't this the guy i saw on the news a few weeks ago? if so, it was such a touching story and so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is him! Sally Ann Roberts did a feature on Hank in her "silent hero" series.

    ReplyDelete