Sunday, March 6, 2011

Small town LA Mardi Gras

Born and raised in small town southern Louisiana
it was always something that we "did."

Mardi Gras to me is not "girls gone wild," like the media leads you to believe.
It is about families spending time together.
Seeking out the perfect spot
and setting up house for the day.
Soaking up the sun and sharing the experience with 1,000,000 of your closest friends.

Just for a day
that plastic bead and prized doubloon 
seem so important.

I am happy that I am now sharing in the revelry 
with my family.

What a treat
to take in the sights,
dance to the marching bands,
and watch the floats roll by...

Me and my boys...

Roman enjoyed his
reserved seating.
Griff and Satch
waiting on the parade.


my world
lunch



Mardi Gras~ VIP style

I heart this man.
Griff loving on Shelia.

Today was a success.
We had a really good time
and are looking forward
to Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment