Monday, April 4, 2011

'Stache Bash!

I love parties.
ESPECIALLY birthday parties.
Seriously...
A party to celebrate "YOU"
gets a thumbs up from me!  

I constantly have ideas and themes swimming around in my head for "the next" party.

This past weekend we celebrated
Griffin's 3rd 
and
Roman's 1st 
birthday
with a 
'STACHE BASH!

I figured that this is the last year that I will be able to pick the theme
so I wanted it to be REALLY fun!

The idea was born about 4 months ago
and I have been actively working on the details for about 1 month.

I worked really hard on this party and I am very proud of the outcome.
All of the hours of work are so worth the smiles that I received from my boys...

The big cake baked by me. ;)
I did all of the baking this year.

I made the wreaths and got the idea from How Does She?
I plan to re-use them from year to year.  

Fun display in the foyer
including the favors, invitation, and family photos.


I love the frame of family mustache pictures.
I'm proud to say that my boys come from a long line of 'staches.  ;) 


Yummy chocolate covered marshmallow pops
with the invitation that I created in the back.

I found the "Keep Calm" sign from an Etsy shop 
and I made the mustache disguises on straws. 

Fun favors for all of our party guests.

I made the photo booth and got the idea from Kara's Party Blog.
Visit the site.  It is one of my all time faves with AWESOME party ideas!

Here were the 'stache options for painting.
My dear friend Meredeth was our face painter.

Here are our awesome entertainers.
ISL offers performing arts as an elective.
Pretty cool eigh?!? 

Roman~ our guest of honor.
I made the boys shirts.  I got the idea from Finley and Oliver

Griffin~ the other guest of honor.
All of the kids were amazed by the performers.
Here is Griff trying out the chinese yoyo.
Not bad for a 3 year old!

Here we are minus Griffin.
He is 3 and boycotting posed pictures.
Good thing I am all about candids! ;)
I also made Kenton and the entertainers shirts.  Designed by yours truly. :)
Check out Daddy-O's 'stache!
Gotta heart a man that goes over and beyond to make his wife and kids happy! ;)

Mommy loving on her little cupcake.

Finger 'stachin with Meredeth.

Thanks to MiMi and Big Poppa for all of the help with preparing for the party.
I would not have gotten it together without both of you!
Big thanks to Tio John for snapping the pictures at the party 
AND for adding a little flava to the bash!

No words for this cuteness!

Griffin "No pictures please" with his reverse 'stache that he drew himself!
I guess he was in the mood for a beard?!?


Roman enjoying the props and the photo booth!

Gotta love a kiddo rockin' a 'stache!

:)

Griffin's cake

and Roman's cake.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear GRIFFIN...
Happy birthday to you!
Dream big!!

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear ROMAN...
Happy birthday to you!
Dream big!!

I love this picture.
Yes... it does take a village!



Roman LOVED his cake
and ate, and ate, and ate
himself into a sugar coma!

The birthday boy blowing bubbles.


I love this picture of the big guys hanging out with the little guys.
It was a beautiful day to be outside.
Thank you Jesus for blessing us with great weather!

Finally... a smile from Griffin!

Can you say AWESOME!?!  Thanks Emmily for the smiles
AND for entertaining my theme!

The favors were a hit with the "big kids"

and the little ones too!

I heart this picture!

How funny is this?  A nu-nu in "disguise."  ;)

All of this partying pooped out the birthday boy!
Too pooped to party...

After a quick bath due to head to toe cake,
Roman was back in action!

Love this kid...

After everyone left and we caught our breath for a moment
it was time for the boys to open gifts.
Roman "tail-gating" in the living room in his Buzz chair.

Thanks friends for the gifts!  We appreciate all of the cool stuff!

The best family shot
taken the next day!

Thanks to all of our family and friends for celebrating with us.
The turn out was amazing.
We had approximately 40 boys
and 8 girls.
(including FIVE sets of twins)
Now THAT is what I call a party!


2 comments:

  1. you rock an awesome party girl! thanks for including us...and happy birthday to your adorable boys =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ADORABLE Bash!!

    The kids and adults seemed to enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete