Friday, April 8, 2011

"I do" today, tomorrow, forever... 5 year anniversary

5 years ago today is a day that I will remember for the rest of my life.  It was the "best day" in a series of best days to follow that have changed my life forever.  On April 8, 2006 I said I do to my Prince Charming.  
The Blushing Bride

The dashingly handsome groom.

The day was PERFECT.  It was the most beautiful day imaginable.  The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and the angels were singing!  We were married outside in the French Quarter 8 months after being devastated by Hurricane Katrina.  I remember tearing up as my Dad was about to walk me to hand me off to my Groom.  Kenton had the BIGGEST smile that I have ever seen on his face.  Yes, it was THAT big.  (you can see it in the picture)
The perfect spot to say, "I do."
Followed by the kiss.
We were carried off by a carriage ride
 to dance the night away and celebrate with our closest family and friends.
We had the most wonderful evening with dancing and savoring the moment.
Oh yeah, we even did a little 'stachin!
Even though our wedding was "just a day" it was a beautiful start to the life that we have created together.  

Life is constantly changing, but the changes over the past 5 years have been monumental!  We went from the city to the suburbs and are toting around 2 beautiful boys!  

A few months ago just the two of us were having dinner at our favorite sushi spot.  We used to have dinner at this very spot every Friday night.  5 years later we are living the dreams that we used to imagine.  Such an awesome feeling!  Our life is crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  

Happy Anniversary Lovey..... cheers to our "forever."  

All my love,
Ayia

1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary =) isn't it funny to look around and see how much you've accomplished in 5 years!? here's to many more for you and your hubby...

    ReplyDelete