Friday, April 29, 2011

2 weeks notice


I was nursing Roman on the evening of his 1st birthday.  I was looking down at my baby and flooded with so many memories and emotions.  We are nearing the end of our special time together.  I am not sure when our last feeding will be so I savor each time like it is.  I suppose I am turning in my 2 week notice as the "Dairy Queen."   

I nursed both of my babies for their first year.  I don't know if that was ever really the "plan," but I am so happy that it worked out that way both times.  I intended to nurse my first child for selfish reasons.  Rumor (I have proven it to be just that) had it that nursing helps you to drops the lbs quickly.  I was bound and determined to make it work.  The beginning with Griffin was not easy.  We had to work very hard to make IT work.  Roman on the other hand nursed like a pro from his first feeding.  

I have enjoyed the countless hours that I have spent bonding with my babies over our milk dates.  I was able to provide to them the perfect nutrition to sustain life.  This makes me stop for a moment to say, "wow." 

This body that I am in constant battle with was able to conceive and carry 2 healthy baby boys. This body that I struggle with produced enough food for both of my boys to never require a drop of formula.  This body even provided more than enough milk for my baby that I am able to donate 200 ounces of milk to another precious baby.  I guess this body is pretty amazing after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment