Saturday, April 9, 2011

The constant countdown?

I have noticed something recently.  People are forever counting down the days to the next best thing.  Counting down the days until the weekend, the days until a school break, the days until the next day.  What is so wrong with today? If today is that bad what are you doing to make tomorrow better?   Everyday is not always paradise but it is precious just the same.  Don't get me wrong.  I often look forward to things, but never want to take "today" for granted because tomorrow is not a guarantee.

Parenting 2 small children is not easy and there are many days that I am not sad to see turn into tomorrow.  I must remind myself to be intentional in living in the moment.  Thanks to Griffin for that very special life lesson.  

Here are my reminders why an ordinary afternoon is special:


Mud pie smiles,

 streaking through the sprinkler,

my little pirate

 setting off on his maiden voyage,

 sweet eyes,

from this angel growing up TOO fast!

These are the moments that I will treasure forever...

1 comment:

  1. you put into words so many things that i feel on a daily basis, too! it is really hard sometimes to live in the moment without thinking about what we need/should be doing instead...truly that is something that i must work on, but dang it is hard to push that pestering voice aside. thanks for reminding me to try harder!!
    p.s. those boys are cuuuute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete