Friday, July 13, 2012

Cohen Jacob 1 month

Dear Cohen,

One month already.... Please say that it isn't so!  It seems like just yesterday your Daddy and I were waiting for the Dr to say "it's a......BOY" while your big brothers were anxiously awaiting your arrival in the waiting room.  I have learned that time is NOT on our side.  Rather than dwell on the fact that it goes by too quickly let's instead enjoy this precious time that we have together!  Deal?  Well alrighty then...

This past month was spent cuddling with you.  You are at my side (or in my neck) 24/7.  I have enjoyed spending my every waking (and sleeping) second with you.  I often just sit and stare to soak you in.  You are such a blessing and perfect addition to our family.

You are a really good sleeper. (PRAISE JESUS!)  At the very beginning I was worried that you were not eating enough because I could not wake you up to eat.
6/13/12 birth weight- 9.2
6/16/12 left hospital- 8.7
6/20/12 1st dr appt- 9.0
7/12/12 1 month (home scale) 12.2

You have gained 3 pounds in 1 month!  You eat every 2 hours during the day, but sleep well at night.  Sometimes you wake up around 3 with a nasty case of hiccups so I'll give you a quick diaper change and feed you, but more often you sleep until 5 or 6am.  Yes, I am serious.  Told you that you are a really awesome baby!

You love to be held.  (did I also mention that you were super smart?)  You will sleep in my arms ALL DAY LONG, but not so much once put down.  You are not a fan of the bouncy seat.  Gasp...  You are however a fan of your baby bed.  I can get a few minutes of quiet baby with you in your bed.  You also REALLY like to sleep on your tummy.  I don't let you sleep through the night on your tummy, but we are starting to try it out during the day for a nap or two.  (how else would I be typing this otherwise?)

I look forward to watching your relationship with your brothers grow over the years.  They both adore you in their own special ways.  You are so precious and I am amazed by you every single day.  I love being your Mommy.

All my love,
Mommy


Mommy photos from Cohen's 1 month photo shoot.
The quilt that Cohen is laying on is very special.  
Kenton's Aunt made a quilt for each boy as a gift when they were born.  
I will use the quilt each month for pictures.  
Also, the giraffe that I will use as a comparison shot is a special gift from Nanny Kate.



Check out those LONG legs, feet, and piggies.





Oh how I adore that dimple...





Big brothers asked to take a picture with CoCo.

1 comment: