Friday, July 6, 2012

Brothers

I am the mother of 3 boys.
The realization of that is still sinking in.

The most frequently asked question over the past few weeks is how are the big brothers adjusting to life with a baby in the house?

Actually, it has not been too bad.

I am beyond blessed with a wonderful and caring support system.
Satch, MiMi and Big Poppa have been such a help.

I have basically been on lock down with Cohen.
During the day he nurses every 2 hours and expects to be held in between feedings.
What can I say...
I'm a sucker for this baby!

The big boys have been having a ball and have not skipped a beat.

Their reaction to the baby is pretty typical of their personalities.

Griffin is just so.... Griffin.
He loves his baby brother and constantly comments on how "cute" he is.
He kisses him on the head and holds him when we ask to take a quick picture,
but he would rather be running around the house.
For the first 2 weeks he called him "Carl."
It was hilarious.
I still smile when I think about it.

Roman is well... so Roman!
When  he goes to his sitters house he is used to being around babies.
Before "new baby" was born 
he was very aware of babies and the particular equipment (carriers, strollers, and what not) 
that babies need.
He adores his baby brother.  
He always plops down besides me at night after he takes a bath and asks to hold the baby.
He is often found trying to "tickle" the baby and give him big ole snotty faced kisses.
Trust me when I say we keep a constant eye on these two!
Once Cohen was named Roman decided that he would call him "Co Co."
The sound of Co Co coming out of Roman's mouth is precious.  

Here we are the night we returned from the hospital.
Roman came over for a little before bed snuggle with Baby Co Co.


I love this pic taken on Father's Day.
Our family grew by "2 feet!"
Roman watching Cohen sleep.

"Hey Baby."
So sweet...
Big brothers getting a snuggle before going to bed.

We must not forget about our oldest son,
Uncle Al.
Uncle Al standing guard over Cohen.

Boys kissing Cohen on Father's Day.
Saturday morning breakfast in bed.
The best part?
They are on their Daddy's spot!
:)
After a week in the house I had a case of cabin fever.
I had my driver (MiMi) take me and these 2 cuties
to "da club." (Wal Mart)
Roman babysitting Cohen.
Like I said these 2 are watched under a
CONSTANT eye!



No comments:

Post a Comment