Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas card photo session

Yes, it is that time of year again. Time to get that "perfect" photo of your child for the annual Christmas cards. Anyone who has a child or two knows how stressful that this ordeal can actually be. To top it off I decided to try to capture the moment MYSELF with not ONE, but TWO moving targets. I have been planning this for quite some time in my head. Putting together outfits, locations, props, and bribes is A LOT of work! I was nervous because it is really hard to photograph my boys together. I would say that the experience rivals herding cats. I talked it over with several people. A friend gave me the brilliant idea to just go casual in Christmas jammies and let them play in my bed. That is how the idea was born! Honestly, I didn't think that I would actually be able to pull it off. I expected to just settle on a "good enough" picture and put the cards in the mail. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. I know that I am a bit biased, but I really LOVE several of the pictures that I was able to get. Here are some of my favorite individual pictures of the boys. These are not the actual pictures that made the final cut for the card. That you will just have to wait to see...








I would like to send a special thank you to MiMi Kat. She was an awesome "assistant" in helping out with the boys. By the end we were both sweating and exhausted but it was so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment