Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Look Behind The Scenes~ Kenton

I started this blog as a way to remember all of the little things. I never want to forget the precious and sometimes not so precious moments that we share as a family. I blog to chronicle the everyday moments that we so often take for granted. I know that our lives are not exciting and glamorous, but I thank God for all that He has blessed us with. One day I look forward to my boys having the option to relive their early years through my eyes...

The other day I looked over posts from the past 2 years. I have so many entries that show Griffin and Roman happy and smiling. What I don't show is all of the help and support that I receive behind the scenes. The first person that I want to spotlight is my loving and supportive husband~ Satch.

Here we are on our wedding day~ the first of a few "best" days of my life. At this point we had lots of love, high hope, and big dreams for a wonderful future together. (April 2006)
Here is the next of the best days of my life. I always knew that Kenton would be a wonderful father. He is the most patient and unassuming person that I have ever met. From the moment that he was handed Griffin he has proven my assumption to be correct. It has been amazing to watch him with his first born son. Somehow he just knew what to do. I jokingly asked him, "are you SURE that you have never done this before?!?" While we were in the hospital he told me to savor the moment because this is what life is really about! (March 2008)
Here we are as a happy family of 3. By this point we have shared many laughs and quite a few tears. Parenting is the toughest and most rewarding jobs that we will ever hold. We have made many mistakes and are sure to make many more. Luckily no one has been permanently injured. ;) We are very proud of Griffin and the joy that he adds to our family. I am so blessed to have Kenton as my partner. Together we make quite a team, but just when we thought we were having fun.... (May 2009)
We decided to kick it up a notch! (October 2009)
Here is the next of the best days of my life. We have learned that 1 child is like a "pet" and 2 is really a party! Just as Griffin was entering his 2's we added Roman to the mix. As I have mentioned Kenton has been a wonderful and "present" father from day one, but when you add a 2nd child things change. Since Roman's addition to the family Kenton is EVEN better! We are now really having to "parent" Griffin while nurturing Roman at the same time. Isn't it funny how a little 9 lb miracle shakes things up! (April 2010)
Life with a 2 year old and a new born. This is as real as it gets! (June 2010)
We are adjusting quite nicely to being a family of 4. I remember laying in bed on this particular morning with my world and thinking, "life truly does not get any better than this." (August 2010)
Here we are today. Happy, smiling, together. Life is sure to throw many challenges our way, but TOGETHER can handle anything. Thank you Kenton for leading our family. We are so blessed to call you husband and father. (November 2010)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - this is so sweet! I got teary eyed while I was reading it. You guys are great - and your hubby is awesome! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post! thanks for the comment on kt's wedding, she thought it was perfect and that's what counts the most!! love all the pics above, they do grow so fast and you're so lucky that you both know to treasure every moment!

    ReplyDelete