Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Look Behind The Scenes II~ MiMi Kat and Big Poppa

They say that it takes a village.... Well, we are so blessed to have Big Poppa and MiMi Kat in our lives. They bring such a positive model of christian strength and values to our family. They are our "Giving Tree."

They waited many years to finally have a grandchild. Kenton and I decided on both pregnancies to keep the gender a surprise until the delivery. We feel that waiting on the gender is truly the ULTIMATE surprise in a world with so much instant gratification. MiMi had her mind made up that she was going to have a granddaughter. She was dreaming of pink throughout my entire first pregnancy. The video is priceless of Kenton making the announcement of "It's a BOY!!!" Needless to say once she laid eyes on Griffin James it was love at first sight...
MiMi and Pop were gracious enough to babysit for Griffin 2 days a week so I could go to work. It was such a comforting feeling to know that in my absence my child was in the most capable and loving hands.
The smiles are real and the love is obvious. Until....
Life as we knew it changed forever. Welcome to the world Roman Wade! Needless to say we all had a LOT of adjusting to do.
After having Griffin in our lives for 2 years the burning question was is it possible to love another child as much as the first? Moments after meeting Roman the answer was obvious...
MiMi Kat and Big Poppa have once again given their time to babysit Roman 3 days a week for me to work. How do you ever repay this sort of gift? I guess my prayer is to one day be able to pay it forward to my children. I pray that I am as generous with my time and love to my kids and future grandchildren.

I love to sit and watch my children interact with MiMi and Poppa. I believe that it is so rewarding to both my children and my parents. MiMi is one of Griffin's FAVORITE playmates.
Big Poppa is great fun too. Who would have ever imagined him singing and dancing to Wiggles tunes? Anything to bring a smile to the faces of my little boysies.
Not everyone has the honor of learning a little about life from a Grandfather.
Luckily my children have the privilege of doing so.
Thank you MiMi Kat and Big Poppa for everything~ your love, time, and support. We love you BIG BIG like the sky...



No comments:

Post a Comment