Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roman 5 month update

Another month with new activities to report. Roman is really thriving in many areas. I took him to the doctor today because he is sick. Having a sick baby truly breaks my heart. He was running a temp and has a croupy cough. He is now weighing in at 20.9 lbs folks! I seem to be producing heavy whipping cream for this little guy!

Roman is not officially crawling, but sure does get around. Sometimes we have to look around for him. We put him on the floor to play and he ends up working the room. He uses his hands to turn around, pushes with his feet, and rolls to his desired destination. Very fun to watch.

He is still lighting up the world with his big and beautiful gummy smile. I love the fact that he is so generous with his smiles and giggles. He is such a joy to be around. He is loving life and taking in EVERYTHING. He pays extra attention to his big brother. He always keep a very close eye on everything that Griff does. Is it love or fear? Probably a little of both! ;)

Roman started on solid food this month. He has now tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and bananas. His first bite usually takes him by surprise. He is still unsure and gags his way through the meal. In a strange way I think that he really likes it?!?

I can not say that sleeping is Roman's speciality. He fights a nap like a champion! Griffin was an excellent sleeper so I am not sure what to do? I know the eat, play, sleep method, but Roman isn't down with it. On a typical night he wakes up around midnight and between 3-4am. He is lucky that he is cute!

We are looking forward to another month of sloppy kisses, gummy smiles, and contagious giggles.

Several years before my grandmother passed away she made quilts for my future children. This is a picture of Roman playing on one of her quilts. She would be so in love with my little boysies...


I adore that smile.

Precious little fingers...
It is so amazing to watch a baby take in life for the first time. He was studying the grass.
Our little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment