Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reasons that I smile...

Reasons that I smile?
Here are a few things that I have recently heard.

Me: "Griff what is your favorite thing in the world?"
Griff: "You Mommy."

Griff: "Mommy, there is a scary growling tiger in my room with orange and brown stripes."

Satch: " Griffin, do not talk to your Mother like that."
Griff: "Dats not my mudder.  Dat's Mommy!"

Griff: " I like going to turch. (church) Dats a very good idea."  (conversation from the back seat on our way to church last weekend.)

We were getting dressed for church last Sunday and Griff came out of his room in an old monkey t shirt.  I said he needed to pick out something a little nicer than play clothes for church.  He told me, "I talked to Daddy and he said I can wear my monkey shirt."  And so it begins...

Roman is cracking us up.  He is now putting words together to form short sentences.  You would be surprised what comes out of the mouth of that 2 year old.  I was listening to him play the other day.  One by one he was talking all of his cars to time out.  The entire way to the "time out" spot he scolded them and said, "time out tar."  (car)


Here are my latest iphone pics:

I adore this photograph of my boys.
Such a sweet moment.

Baby Bear and the guys taking a bath.


These smile are my everything.

We are enjoying the spring afternoons
in the back yard.

Baby Bear practicing turning "2"
and blowing out his candles.

Birthday practice run.
The pirates with MiMi.

Baby Bear insisted on wearing underwear to bed.
Over his diaper...

Baby Bear reading his own bedtime stories.

Tailgating in the back yard.
We are so fancy!

Griff made portraits of all of us.
Here he is with MiMi and Pop's portraits.
(sorry to state the obvious!)

Enjoying Friday afternoon with Daddy.

How do you spend a rainy Saturday?
You build a pirate ship in the house of course!

Rainy day movies and a pirate ship.

I had a retreat at church last weekend.
Satch took the boys out for the day.
They enjoyed flying kites at City Park.
Good work Daddy!

Griff showing me his newest hobby.
Perfect afternoon to fly a kite.


I happened upon a bit of energy and finished up some projects.
2 years later Roman has a banner for his room.
I also made a road sign with his name.
Painted canvases for Uncle Al's and the new baby's hand prints.

What in the world?
Happened upon this onesie and couldn't walk away.
Still think it is a boy, but.....
just in case!

 
The boys are now roomies.
We moved Roman's crib into Griff's room.
They were tickled at the idea!
The first night I listened at the door as they chatted and giggled for almost an hour.
Baby Bear out lasted Griff.

The first night was great!
For the first time since October Griff stayed in his room the entire night 
AND slept past 6:30.
When I went in to get Roman out of bed at 7:30 his first question to me was...
"Where's Grippin?"

Didn't want to get too excited in case it was a fluke.
Well, last night was equally as awesome.
Griff stayed in his bed all night and they both stayed in bed until 7:00.
I'm so happy that they love the new room situation!
Here is their room.
I finished Roman's banner to make him feel right at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment