Thursday, June 11, 2009

Feet don't fail me now











Griffin was on a mission today. That mission was to WALK! As I was getting him dressed this morning I thought about a particular pair of shoes that was forgotten for a bit. (side note the child has A LOT of shoes thanks to my dear friend Greta) I only thought about the shoes because they would look cute with the outfit that I put on him. He has worn the shoes quite a bit before, but only while crawling. I like to put them on him because I can hear him squeak around the house which keeps him from "crawling under the radar." The shoes that I am referring to are wee squeaks. They have little squeakers in the heels and when the child walks they squeak. Today you would think that these shoes had super power strength. When he stood up and realized the capabilities of his wheels he went nuts. There was no stopping the little guy. No ifs, ands, or buts~ Griffin was walking! It was so fun to watch the determination of the little guy. I quickly took a few pictures en route from getting him dressed to getting myself dressed. In all of Griffin's awesomeness he walked into school today with me for the first time. I mentioned in a previous post that his walking abilities brings out a "tude." He walked straight back to the lunch area for his 2nd meal/breakfast of the day. (I always feed him first thing in the morning, but once again as I mentioned in a previous post the boy likes to eat) He sat down at the big boy and girl table and did not want to sit in the toddler table where he sits everyday. One of his classmates was having breakfast at the toddler table and Griffin was showing off something fierce. In cajun we would say that he was acting fa-chock. (to show off) It was hysterical to watch. He wanted Bryce to see that he was at the big boy table and was acting silly. Both Griffin and Bryce were giggling at how funny Griffin was being. He is growing up so quickly. I love watching him every step of the way. I am and always will be his biggest cheerleader. Go Griff!!

1 comment:

  1. I know!!! I was so surprised at his walking on Sunday!!! We were cheering him on in Journeytown!!! Can I join the cheering squad with ya?!

    ReplyDelete