Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reasons that I smile...

Parenting is tough work.
We have hit a bit of a rough patch.

Boundaries are being tested.
Then pushed beyond the point.

Over the years I have had good and bad days as a mother.
Typically when it is time for bed and I reflect on the day I only remember the good.

Lately my daily memories of the good 
are also accompanied by not so fond memories clouding my rose colored glasses.

This weekend was a pretty good one.
During quiet time today I was laying with Griff.
He reached over gave me a giant hug and said,
"I love you mama."
I could tell that he meant it with all that he is.

That right there is all that I need to recharge my battery.

Tonight I am looking at pictures of my precious children.
They are truly the reason that I smile.


Afternoon swinging at the park.

Baby Bear enjoying his first sno ball of the season.

Griff enjoying his afternoon treat too.

You can read exactly what is on his mind!

Running with his endless supply of energy.

Can't get enough of that smile.
Griff the great with his hat and wand.

Mischief has a face...

Busted! 

Bedtime story with MiMi

Whoops did I really sleep until 8am?!?
Baby Bear insisted on a pair of sunglasses on
our way to church.  This is what I could find.

Boys posing with their "wobble goggles."

Peak-A-Boo!

When did my baby get so big?

Yogurt upon request by this guy.

Someone needed a break during our afternoon stroll.
Sure... I am 7 months pregnant.  What's another 30 pounds to carry around.
On my head!

Picking flowers for their princess.
Their Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment