Sunday, March 11, 2012

Griffin "4"


Dear Griffin,

I can't believe that you are already "4" years old.  I still so vividly remember the moment that you were born.  You were my first baby.  My first glimpse of a love so great that words can never express just how big it is.  Thank you for being patient with us as we figure out life as a family together.  Hard to believe that something so precious as a child comes with no sort of instruction manual.  Hands down the scariest moment of my life was being rolled out of the hospital with you in my lap.  You were 2 days old and I had no idea what we were supposed to do next.  You were so tiny.  You were so fragile.  You were so precious.  You were mine.

"3" was a very trying year.  You were beginning to become into your own person.  A little person with big ideas and big expectations of the way that things are supposed to go.  I am really excited to see what "4" will look like.

You have added so much to our family.  You challenge me as a mother everyday.  It isn't always pretty but the love that I have for you is never in question.  I am so in love with your heart.  I see that one of your special gifts is serving others.  This is such a beautiful quality that will carry you far in life.  We are working very hard on obedience and following directions.  (I am 35 and still struggle with these same issues.)  I love your smile.  It can light up a room.  I love your spirit and try so hard not to ever squash it.  I love your curiosity even though it occasionally gets you in trouble.  I love you with more than you will ever know.

This coming year is sure to be a year of change and adjustment for all of us.  At the grand age of "4" you have big shoes to fill.  You are a big brother to Roman and another baby on the way.  Roman watches your every single move and wants to be just like you.  Teach him well.  Just as I whisper in your ear every night before bed, "You are a good boy and will do great things in this world."

All my love,
Mommy   

No comments:

Post a Comment