Monday, January 2, 2012

2012- Simplify

2012.  

The beginning of another year with so much hope and promise.  I am not one to make a "resolution" but usually try to pick a theme for the year or at least a few goals.  Not going to happen this year. I am a stickler for following through and if I proclaimed something today I would just be setting myself up for failure.   I guess if I had to pick a word for the year it would be "simplify."

I have been pregnant or nursing for just about 4 1/2 years straight.  I know that my body knows the drill, but this pregnancy is taking a bit of a toll.  I am thankful to have had an extra set of hands from MiMi lately.  Tomorrow will be my first day back to work after being off since December 12.  Yes, I am fully aware that it will hurt.  Soon enough the 2nd trimester energy burst will kick in.  Geesh.... I am already just about 1/2 way to meeting our newest blessing.

Okay, now back to simplify.  Nesting has already kicked in and I have a burning desire to  discard of the majority of my earthly possessions.  Just want to get rid of unnecessary stuff and clutter.  I will have a garage sale in the next month to unload extra items that we have accumulated over the past few years.  I have also cut back on some of my volunteer work.  I hate to do it but I feel like I am in survival mode on most days and needed to lighten my load.

Soon enough our family of 4 will include 1 more little person.  The thought of that still blows my mind.  This year will be one of adjusting.  Satch will graduate in May with his masters degree.  (can I get a "ya heard me?!?)  I am so proud of him.  The road to further his education has not been easy on any of us.  He will finish in just enough time to welcome our newest addition in June.

For now I pray for patience.  Most days it is running pretty thin.  I pray for my forgiveness and healing of old wounds.  I pray for the ability to live in the moment.  To savor bedtime stories and prayers.  To photograph the ordinary moments both on film and also on my brain.  I am so thankful for the help from family.  They make the load a little lighter.  I am thankful that my children have an active relationship with their grandparents.  I am thankful for my circle of friends.  In this next year I will focus on deepening relationships.

2012.  
Simplify.  Hope.  Promise.  Hard adjustments.  Change.  Love.  Family.  Forgiveness.  Prayerful.  Meaningful relationships.  Survival.  Laughter.  Blessed life.          

No comments:

Post a Comment