Friday, December 7, 2012

Working on the heart...





I'm not going to lie.  This mothering (parenting) gig is hard work.  Every single day we pour so much into our shorties.  Just when you think your efforts are fruitless you see a glimmer of hope.  A simple act, word, or phrase that makes every single bit of your effort so worth it.

Recently Griffin has had a few moments that has really shown his heart.  I could not be prouder of my big boy!

One day this week our Advent activity was "Spread Christmas Cheer- make cards to send to family and friends."  I asked Griffin who he would like to send his cards to.  He immediately said "Aunt Rita because she is sick."  He doesn't even really know her, but just knows that she is really sick.  I love that he was led to care and love on those who may need a little smile.

I had alone time with Griff in the car on Monday.  He said, "Mommy this month 3 people are having birthdays."  I replied oh yeah?  Tell me who?!?  He said, "Daddy, G'halee, and Jesus."  (G'halee is a classmate)  He then took it a step further.  "Mommy, if Jesus is in my heart how will he have a birthday party and eat cake?"  Woah.  One of those moments that you are not quite expecting.  For future reference can I get a heads up before we have these sorts of conversations so don't crash "Mini" into the ditch.  I answered him (on the spot) yes Jesus does live in your heart.  The way that Jesus comes out is when do nice things for people, when you act kindly to others, when you share your stuff, and when you love others.  That is the way that Jesus acts and comes out in your actions when you do the same.  He said, "okay Mommy."  He then followed up with, "Griffin starts with a G and so does G'halee, but G'halee sounds like a J, yada, yada, yada."  Just for a second his heart was shown then he went back to his regularly scheduled programing. 

I am so in love with that boy... 


No comments:

Post a Comment