Sunday, December 9, 2012

Polar Express

Today on our Give. Live. Love. Advent calendar the boys opened "Surprise."
They had no idea what sort of treat they were in for!

A few weeks ago on Pinterest I saw the idea of a Polar Express night.
Needless to say I took the idea and made it our own.
I was planning to have the van ready with popcorn, drinks, and a movie.
On the way to church this morning the idea of adding Christmas lights to the evening dawned on me.  
I could not wait for the boys to see!

I set everything up while they were taking baths.
Once out and dressed in their jammies they received the "golden ticket" for a ride on the Polar Express.
They were delighted when they saw the van decked out as a lit up rolling movie theater. 
(we had not used the DVD player yet)

Griff was fascinated with the movie and Roman was excited about his "rink." (drink)
Yes I know, easily impressed!

We loaded up the train and headed out.
All aboard!

The boys snacked on popcorn while watching the movie.
We did not hear a peep out of the back seat.
My face hurt from smiling.
People passing us by all turned to look.
It. Was. Awesome.



Boys getting a glimpse of the Polar Express
Such joy!
All Aboard!
The driver of our crazy train.
Our first stop was to look at Christmas lights.
We had a ball.
The venue was awesome.
Lots to see minus the crowd.


The wonder of Christmas.
I heart this picture.






We reloaded the train and headed to our second stop.
Frozen yogurt.
yummy...


We had so much fun tonight as a family.
The cost was minimal, but the experience was priceless.

I am going to bed tonight with a smile on my face and so much joy in my heart...



No comments:

Post a Comment