Friday, September 7, 2012

Cohen's Dedication Weekend

This weekend we celebrated Cohen!  We dedicated him at church and had family come in from Georgia and Tennessee to join us.  As explained nothing "magical" happens with a baby dedication.  It is just a commitment from the parents on how we will raise our child.  Never the less it was Cohen's weekend and we all know how I love any reason to celebrate life!  

Rather than send the big boys off to the church nursery we decided to keep them out with us to be a part of Cohen's day.  All I can say is I am so thankful that our church has a wonderful children's ministry!  Roman enjoyed worship with the band.  He loves music and singing.  Griff on the other hand... He was a total wiggle worm.  He laid out on the seats.  Went from one end of the isle to the other.  Climbed on the floor.  Pretty typical of what I remember myself doing as a child and "sitting" through mass with my family.  (I have a vivid memory of being offered money if I was good during church.  Well, I was not exactly good but remember asking the entire time "am I being good?")  At one point he asked, "can I please go to the chat shack?"  (children's church)  After worship was over he looked at me and said, "that was fun Mommy!"  I guess "fun" is a rather subjective word...

Once we went up to the front with Cohen the big boys were still "highly spirited."  Kenton and I tried our best to pay attention while wrangling in our older two.  Griff even got a shout out from Brian as he was about to jump up on the stage.  Glad we were able to take our traveling show, which is our life, on the road for ALL to see.  




Cohen with his Godparents Kate and Eli.

We need lots of prayers of patience and guidance as we navigate
the unchartered waters of parenting these children.
Hard to believe God blesses us with these little people
and they come without instructions...


Notice big 2.
It was like herding cats...

Once home we enjoyed dinner with our family.  We were happy to have family in from Tennessee and Georgia.  



I love family pictures with little people.
Their individual personalities always shine through. :)

See what I mean?


Cohen with Eli and Kate.


So happy that our favorite friends from "the north" (Covington) joined us!
Cohen and Brody are 2 months apart.  Brodie you better eat your Wheaties,
Cohen is catching up with you!!!

Momma cake
MiMi with her 2 brothers
My kids think that any party is a birthday party and needs
the birthday song and candles.
Just roll with it folks...
Phoebe gets BIG smiles out of Cohen.
Morrison is my Godfather, I am Eli's Godmother, Eli is Cohen's Godfather.
Pretty cool huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment