Friday, October 21, 2011

Locks of Love


A couple of months ago I realized that my hair had gotten pretty long.  It just sort of grew over night.  I then decided to let my hair grow over the summer so that I would have enough to donate 10 inches to Locks of Love.  This organization provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the US and Canada under the age of 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.  Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata.   

It just so happens that my brother was diagnosed with alopecia areata at the age of 2 and was totally bald by the age of 5.  My life was personally touched by this condition.  The least that I can do is give back... because I can.  I have learned over the years that it is "only hair."  My hair may be a little shorter than I like, but it will grow back.  Some child out there needs my hair more than I do.  That is worth more than my vanity and truly makes me happy...

10 inches donated with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment