Thursday, June 9, 2011

Playgroup~ Swimming, Sundaes, and Showers

Today I hosted a MOPS play group at our house.
I was really excited about the theme
"Swimming and Sundaes"
and I always enjoy having friends over to play!

This is the cake that inspired the theme.
I saw it a while back and couldn't wait to make it.
White cake, buttercream icing, chocolate ganache filling and topping.


The morning started out exactly as planned.
Lots of kids playing in the back yard.

How many kids can you fit into a small inflatable pool?
Apparently A Lot!



Rain was NOT on my agenda.
Um.... weren't we in the middle of a draught or something?


Okay...
Plan B?
Everyone inside for a movie?

Hold one....
can't exactly find a movie....

Thank you Imagination Movers on demand for saving the day!


Next up.
Ice cream sundae bar.
30 + plus kids holed up in a house need 
LOTS-O-SUGAR,
right?



Send them to the garage to eat ice cream
and burn off some sugar.



Honestly....
The day was WILD!
 Lots of kids, noise, mess, and CHAOS! 

Thanks to some really great Mommas for patrolling the playground.

Tonight I sit here in my house that is totally put back together and smile as I
think back on the day.  

I am so blessed to be surrounded by such strong Mommas
who encourage me make it through another day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment