Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Wimming lessons"

Griffin was in swimming lessons last week. 

When it comes to swimming and parents there are 2 basic schools of thought.
1.  Watching your child inside the fence.
2. Watching your child outside of the fence.

I fall into category 2.  I stayed on the property.  I was within ear range, but was out of sight to him.

I was so proud on the first day.  As I sat in the yard SWEATING buckets due to the 100 degree temps I didn't hear any sort of yelling from him.  I peeked through a crack in the fence once or twice and he seemed to be doing great!.  I was smiling and thinking.... "yeah, that's my boy!"

Once I entered the gate to pick him up after the lesson the instructor said, "I need to talk to you."  
Gulp..... those 6 words instantly busted my bubble.

Apparently he didn't listen very well or follow directions.  That night we had a talk about obedience, listening, and following directions for the 1,000,000th time.


Here is my view through a crack in a gate.  This is where I watched lessons the entire week.

I am proud to report that our Monday night pep talk worked.
He did awesome the rest of the week.
His teacher was very proud of his behavior and also his willingness to participate.
Now THAT's our boy!!

I had to go out of town on Friday so MiMi and Poppa brought Griff for his last day of class.
They went in towards the end and took a few pictures of our little fishie!

Jumping off the side.

Swimming to the side.

Going under water.

Collecting his reward at the end of class for his good behavior.
Good job Griff!  We are so proud of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment