Monday, June 27, 2011

Reasons that I smile


Griffin has been cracking us up lately.  Here are a few of my recent faves!

~ He ran into the kitchen last night and said, "I had a great day."  Wow... isn't it amazing how a few spoken words can make your knees weak.

~ We are in the thick of potty training right now.  I was sitting on the bathroom floor as he was trying to #2 on the potty for the first time.  After me trying to "explain" how to #2 (who would have EVER thought that would be a conversation that I would have?) he pointed to his tummy and said, "no poo-poo in dare Mommy."

~I was fixing lunch in the kitchen and heard him alone in the bathroom.  He went in to pee-pee all by his big boy self!  He was all excited and yelled, "wow...  it's WORKING!  Pee-pee is working!"

~ He often adds "Good idea!" to a sentence.  Ex:
me: Hey, Griff let's eat lunch.
Griff: Good idea Mommy!

~ Griff has shortened MiMi to Meme and Pop to Pa.  He is my child and already loves nick names! :)

~My brother, Tio John, was digging a hole to plant a tree.  Griff asked if he was digging for treasures.  Yes! He is a pirate at heart.  :)

~ We went to 2 birthday parties on Saturday and Griff was great!  He ran, played with the other kids, played on the water slide and had a blast!  I can not even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.  It is all about the small victories...

~"What are you do-ing?"  I hear this one no less than 100 times a day.  After the 75th time I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry?

My little man is growing up a little more each and every day.  I am so proud of ALL of his accomplishments.  Go GRIFFIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment