Monday, May 16, 2011

The mighty Mississippi

I would really have to be living under a rock not to hear the chatter 
and see with my own 2 eyes the rising water of the Mississippi River.

Over the past few weeks I have watched the water inch up the levee as I cross the bridge.
We are now able to see the boats sailing up and down the river from our back yard
whereas before we could only hear the horns.

The parish asked that people stay off of the levee.
This means bikers, walkers, and lookey-loos too!
Honestly.... 
I have never seen so many people on the levee as I have since they issued the warning.
I am a total "rule follower," but I couldn't resist.

We took a family field trip over the weekend.
I mean it is a historic event people!

Satch and Roman checking out the scene.
Griff did the "Rocky" run up the stairs.
 Yikes that water is high.
A little too close for comfort for my taste.
 On a regular day the water typically starts to the right of the trees.
Everything to the left is usually just grass.
Not only is the water high it is also flowing with a fierce current.
 Griff running down the levee.
This was after he tried to run down the other way.
Into the River.
Needles to say our "history lesson" was a very brief one!
Satch and Baby Bear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment