Monday, May 16, 2011

3



Dear Griffin,

I must be honest with you.  The past few weeks have been trying on all of us.  You are "3" and flexing your muscle of independence.  You have pushed the boundaries that we have established and have really tested what I am made of as a mother.  I have recently had some very real  and difficult conversations with myself,  your Daddy, your teachers, and several of my girlfriends.

I have shed many tears and yes I know this is only the beginning.  This whole mothering gig comes with so much responsibility and without an instruction manual.  I am being guided by my gut and my heart.  I pray with you, for you, and over you while you sleep at night.  With God as our center I know that we will get through this together.  

I see qualities in you that already make me so proud.  Your kind heart and desire to take care of your friends.  I pray that you always have such a kindness about you and willingness to serve.  

I have big plans for you my love.  I want your life to be filled with riches.  My dreams are not to see you on the movie screen or the cover of a magazine.  The riches that I want for you will come from your heart.  I want for you to love God and others.  I just want you to be happy.

Every night I whisper in your ear, "you are a good boy and will do great things in this world."  Why do I say this?  I say this because I know it to be true.  Dream big my baby...

All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment