Thursday, December 17, 2009

In my absence...

Building blocks with Big Poppa.


Wiggly Time!


Griff and MiMi on the Christmas train. Griffin liked the train about as much as he liked Santa~ not so much!




I just started a new job and had to go away for training to Montgomery, Alabama for 10 days. Yes, 10 days without my boys! The longest that I have been away from Griffin has only been 3 so this was quite a big deal for me. It made it a little easier to leave because I knew that he would be in the best care. He was able to stay home with his Daddy and MiMi Kat and Big Poppa came over to man the ship. I was told that daily he would go into our bedroom to look for me. He also walked around the house with the remote control to his ear calling for his "Ma-ma." Reports like this were enough to break my heart. I am so happy that Griffin was able to stay at his house in his comfortable surroundings with some of his favorite people to keep up with his routine. Griffin had a ball while I was gone. He was able to hang out with his MiMi and Poppa and get his fill of The Wiggles. I was updated daily of all of the fun things that they were doing. He learned sign language from his Baby Einstein DVD and added several new words to his vocabulary. Funny story~ he had his Christmas party at school. MiMi and Poppa tried to take him, but due to the massive amount of rain school was closed for the day. The children were instructed to wear their jammies to the party. MiMi followed the directions and dressed him in his Christmas jammies for the shin-dig. Griffin was very unhappy about this. She told me that he kept trying to take them off to put on his clothes. He just didn't think that it was right to wear his jammies out of the house. PJs are to sleep silly goose!?!

Being away for 10 days was ALMOST worth it just for the homecoming. Griffin was so excited to see me. I honestly do not know who was happier. He saw me through the door before I saw him. He had the biggest smile on his face when I opened the door. He hugged my neck so tight and could not get enough! He pulled away about 3 times to look at me to make sure that it was REALLY ME!

A huge thank you to Kenton, MiMi Kat and Big Poppa for taking such great care of Griffin and the house. I am so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I would not ask for more...

PS~ Yes, I have a couple of habits to break this week like the PACI that I noticed in every single picture and the TV. Isn't it funny how grandparents operate. They come over and shower the grand child with love and bad habbits and sneak away for Mommy to handle it. I guess that is their job~ right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment