Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When I grow up....







So for many years Al dog was an only child. He ruled the roost and was (and still is) treated like our little boy. I always used to think about what Al would be when he grew up. My assumptions were simply based on his personality. For many years I always said that he would be a P.E. teacher/coach. That job really just suited his personality. He is a sporty dude and like physical activity. In his younger years he could not be stopped. He was always on the go and loved to run, play ball, hike, chase the 4 wheeler, and enjoyed the outdoors. Now considering that he is almost 12 years old and has slowed down a tad I can see him as the activities director of a retirement home. He would still be in the mix just not at such a high intensity. My friend Naomi has a rescue named Mathilda. I always thought that Mathilda would be an awesome nail technician. Another friend has a Golden Retriever named Piper. We just know that she would be a tennis pro. Lucy, the basset hound, would be the sickest mall cop ever! Now tell me that these dogs do not lead the life!!

If I spent so many hours daydreaming of what my dog would be you just KNOW that I do the same for my child. Today if I had to pick a career for Griffin I would love to see him as a pharmacist or an engineer. Can't a mother dream?!? However based on Griffin's personality I can see him in some sort of "enforcement." Law enforcement, code enforcement, private detective~ your guess is as good as mine? He is such an intense little dude. NOTHING gets past him. He has always been VERY serious about closing a toy if is open~ like it was his job! He always makes you double check yourself. If a door is left open he will find it. If a crumb is on the floor he will find it. If a toilet seat is left up he will find it. He notices EVERYTHING. I asked Nanny Pat yesterday what she thought Griffin would be when he grew up and she answered, "I don't know, but I bet it will be fun!" Kenton just said he thinks that he will either be the captain of a boat or a zookeeper. Why??? Because he likes to boss people around and tell others what to do. I also asked my mom her thoughts and she said, "he will probably be a CSI." Horatio Cane (CSI Miami) move over.... we have a new sheriff in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment