Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cohen Jacob~ 8 months

Sweet Cohen,

Cohen Jacob.  My sunshine.  My precious baby.  You are such a light and I just know that you will be a little world changer.  You bring such joy into our lives.  You melt us with a flash of your smile.  You are so very loved.

About a week ago I was watching you and just like that you went dude on me.  In the blink of an eye you went from baby to dude.  It was such a noticeable change it took my breath away.  You now work the entire room and are a magnet for electrical cords and Mardi Gras beads.  You intently watch your hands.  You now wave, clap, and make sweet eyes.  You also babble up a storm.  If I didn't know any better I could have sworn that you said da-da-da-da yesterday.  You are a pro at going from belly to a sit.  You swing around one leg and keep the other straight.  You remind me of Spiderman.    

You now go to Ms. Holly 3 days a week while I work.  It should be of no surprise that you have also gotten sick for the first time.  The day that I took your pictures you went down hill quick.  I knew that you were not feeling well because you were not smiling. The next morning I brought you in for a well baby check up.  Let's just say that you were not exactly well.  You have a double ear infection, congestion, breathing treatments for 5 days, daily allergy meds, eczema, and had a hives flare up.  Other than that you were perfect!  You were pretty down yesterday, but perked up a little today.  Once you smiled at me I knew that you were on the mend.  I so hate so see you sick.  Believe me it hurts me too.  

Monthly Stats: 
6/13/12 birth weight- 9.2
7/12/12 1 month- 12.2
8/11/12 2 months- 14.8
9/14/12 3 months- 17
10/14/12 4 months- 18. 4
11/13/12 5 months- 19.4
12/14/12 6 months 21 
1/14/13 7 months 21.4
2/15/13 8 months 22

You are still nursing, but the frequency has decreased due to starting solids.  You bit me 2 nights in a row.  Hard.  Be gentle sweet boy.  I will blame it on you not feeling well.  I can't believe that we only have 4 months to go to reach my nursing goal.  Such a bittersweet thought...  You enjoy most foods that you try.  Avocado and banana are your favorites.  I am making all of your food.  Easy-peasy fruit or veggie in the steamer, puree it, dinner is served!  You had squash for the first time last week.  That night you broke out in hives on your back.  I will hold off on the squash just in case it was the cause.

Keep smiling.  The world is yours!  You are a good boy and will do great things in this world!

All my love,
Mommy

Smiling even though you felt yucky.
Daddy long legs
Comparison shot with giraffe
PHOTO BOMBERS!
Hummmm...... wonder where they get it from?
The daddy of all photo bombers!
My beautiful baby boy.



Roman adores Cohen.
He calls him "Baby."
Doesn't get any sweeter than that...

These boys make me smile...
Boys 8 month side-by-side shot

No comments:

Post a Comment