Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pregnant

October 12, 2011.
A morning that changed our lives forever.
I woke up and took a pregnancy test that said...
Waiting the 3 minutes for the results can be the longest 3 minutes of your life.

Baby #3 was totally planned,
however the word
"Pregnant"
stopped me in my tracks.
I had to sit down for a second to catch my breath.

When Satch and I decided to get married and start a family 
we always dreamed of the number "3."
I also knew deep down that we would have boys.
Satch's family has yet to produce a girl. 

After Roman was born my baby fever 
kicked up to code RED.
Here I was holding and loving my perfect newborn baby
and so longed for a chance to be able to do it again.

My baby fever was an unexplainable thing.  
It was more of a feeling that I just couldn't shake.
I knew that we were up to our eyeballs at any given moment.
I love and adore my boys more than anything in this world,
but something was still missing?

My theory goes like this.
After Griff was born I just knew that we would have another child.
After Roman was born I could not speak with such certainty.

A few months after Roman was born 
Satch had a real conversation with me.

Satch:"Our hands are pretty full with our 2 kids.  
I'm just not sure if we will have another.
I don't want for you to get your hopes up in case this is it."
Me: "Yeah, yeah, okay."

I knew that we would revisit this conversation when the time was right.
I was also smart enough to let it go at that moment.

Needless to say...
The conversation was revisited and we decided to give it another try.

I remember thinking through the situation.
We both needed to be 100% on board and on the same page.
I didn't want either of us to have hard feelings or resent the other years down the road
for pushing the other into such an important decision.

I didn't want to always wonder what if...
I didn't want for him to blame me for forcing the issue.

The night I planned to have "the talk" with him was pretty amazing.
That day I prayed for Satch's heart to be open to the conversation
and I prayed "thy will be done."

Funny thing,
I didn't even have to start the conversation.
He did.
We talked and made our decision together....

I am so excited thinking about our future.
I am very nervous about having 3 kids 4 and under.
I question my ability to handle it.
I often also question my sanity. :)

What I don't question is His will.   
With lots of prayers for and over our family I know that we will be just fine.

  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! I am still over the moon for y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete