Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas card photo shoot

This afternoon we took the boys to a local boat launch 
for pictures.

I have been dreading nervous about this photo shoot.
Griff has totally boycotted pants.
(we go through this at the change of every season)
I have learned to pick my battles and wardrobe is not a battle worthy in my opinion.

However, today was a little different.
I really wanted the boys to wear pants for their pictures.
Yes, it is southern Louisiana and 80 degrees,
but I like to pretend to be "in the season."  

I have been working on a suitable bribe in my head for a few weeks.
I knew this would not be an easy task.

Before nap time I planted the seed.
I told Griff after naps 
we would go take pictures 
and after pictures we would go eat pizza AND play a video game.
He was totally on board.

I told him we would get dressed
and do lots of fun things once he woke up.
His response, "I'm already dressed Mommy."
Sigh.... this wold not be easy!

Roman woke up first and I got him dressed.
Griff was next.
We woke him up and he immediately refused the pants.
After lots a few tears
and a little magic by Satch we got the pants on and loaded the car.

I don't love the pictures,
but I have to keep in my how challenging it is to photograph 
these 2 at the moment.  

Here are a few of my favorites from the afternoon.
I never post the actual Christmas card pic.
I save that for later.
The picture that I picked for the card is not terrific, but it makes me smile.


When in the world did Griff turn into such a big boy? 
My handsome Griff wearing a pair of jeans.
This was a huge victory.

Baby Bear looking a little "GQish."
Please hold back the urge to squeeze him.

2 handsome boys.
Smiles were not easy to come by this afternoon.

After pictures pizza and a video game as promised.
Oh yeah, and a quick change into a pair of shorts too! 

2 comments:

  1. "a little magic by Satch we got the pants on and loaded the car."

    Isn't it crazy that the men seem to have the magic when we can't get the babies to do what we want? Ben does it all the time with Graham!

    ReplyDelete