Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dairy Queen open 24/7


I believe this is what Roman sees when he looks at me
Mommy~ Dairy Queen open 24/7!

I just looked up sleep deprivation and ran across this.

"Sleep deprivation can have serious effects on your health in the form of physical and mental impairments. Inadequate rest impairs our ability to think, handle stress, maintain a healthy immune system and moderate our emotions. In fact, sleep is so important to our overall health that total sleep deprivation has been proven to be fatal: lab rats denied the chance to rest die within two to three weeks."

All I can say is thank goodness I am not a lab rat because I would be long dead by now!

I believe that I officially hit the wall this week. Here is how the story goes... Roman was sleeping beautifully at night. We had a wonderful little routine and life was grand! I didn't want to boast, but I was silently basking in the glory. I was one of the lucky few with a baby that slept through the night! This was all true until I went back to work. Once I started working he regressed BIG TIME! I would like to believe that it is because he misses me so much while I am gone he wants to spend time with me while I am home. True? Who knows, but it makes waking up a little easier!

Interrupted sleep is something that one can never get used to. I have pulled many "all-nighters" over the years, but this is a different animal. While in college it was nothing to rage all weekend and get back on track. Months on end without getting in a full nights sleep is pretty brutal. At least I have an excuse for the absent minded things that I do!

This week for whatever reason Roman has been waking up 4-6 times a night. Waking up through the night is not an excusable excuse to miss work! So that is my life party all night and drag through the day. Last night Roman actually slept very well. He slept from 7:00pm- 4:30am. I on the other hand STILL woke up all night WAITING on him to wake up and wondering if he was okay and checking the monitor. Nothing like a mothers life, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment