Friday, January 8, 2010

2010~ already a year of change




I don't even know where to begin. This past week was filled with so many changes in the Schaff household and I write with many mixed emotions regarding this. I went back to work full time this week. This is the first time since Griffin was born that I went to work a full 5 days in a row. (mind you I am also 6 months pregnant!) I did go away for training for 10 days in December, but for some reason this week was just different. This week I was actually getting into a routine and doing my "everyday" day job. Thanks to MiMi Kat and Big Poppa for helping out on Monday and Tuesday with Griffin. On those days I just had to worry about getting myself together in the morning. Wednesday was the first day that I had to fly solo. Luckily Griffin was very cooperative Wednesday morning and we were out of the house in a jiffy. Thursday and Friday were not so smooth. He just really didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay home to watch the "We-gos." (The Wiggles) Once he arrived at school he was all too happy to be handed over to the teacher. Isn't it funny how they do that to you?!? As far as the routine goes it is coming along. Thanks to Kenton for helping out so much around the house. Because of this I am able to get to bed by 9-10pm. All in all it was a good week. I can honestly say that I truly appreciate the time that I am able to spend with my family. I now try to give Griffin undivided quality time in the evenings. Isn't it funny for the past few years I usually was not aware of the day much less the date and now those little things seem to matter again. I am so incredibly blessed that I was able to work part-time for the first 22 months of Griffin's life. This is time that I will always treasure. So much quality 1-on-1 time that I was able to spend with my first born child. This past week is just a small example of the changes that we are about to experience in the next few months. New job, new routines, new baby~ Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment