Saturday, October 10, 2009

Not quite Ace of Cakes

Course II final cake



Isn't it always about the cake? I start thinking of party theme ideas months in advance and usually center it around a cool cake. I am already in the full swing of things of planning Griffin's 2nd birthday party in my head. For Griffin's first birthday I spent a lot of money on his cake. I am one of those "I can do that myself" kind of people. A few months ago I learned that Michael's crafts offered Wilton cake decorating classes. I enrolled in course I and really enjoyed it. Course I taught how to make butter cream icing, roses, and a few boarders. Today I just finished course II. Course II taught a few more advanced flowers, royal icing, and a basket weave technique. I am now debating between course III which is advanced boarders, tiered cakes, gum paste and fondant, or the true fondant course. I am somewhat of a cake purist. I am not crazy about fondant cakes. They are beautiful, but do not taste nearly as good as they look. However I would like to learn a little about fondant to embellish butter cream cakes? Decision, decisions~ what's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment